Friday, January 16, 2015

So, what do you eat?

Whatcha eating over there??

People always ask me: what do you eat to look like that?  I think this is a pretty loaded question, I think it is crazy to assume that if you eat the exact same things as someone else you will look just like that person – BUT I know it’s a pretty common question and people are curious, so I wanted to share a little.

My diet consists of typical bodybuilding staples: chicken, brown rice, white rice, tuna, eggs, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans etc… I have “cheat” or “treat” meals fairly often – and am able to do so by following an IIFYM (if it fits your macros) protocol – basically, I know a general breakdown of macronutrients that I need every day (fats, carbohydrates, and proteins) – as well as a general calorie count – and if I am craving Ben & Jerry’s (always) and it fits in my macros, I eat it.


My current macros are as follows: 85 grams of fat, 225 grams of carbs, and 300 grams of protein – this comes out to roughly 2865 calories, but is not set in stone – I have days where I eat more, and days where I eat less.

I eat on a modified fasting schedule (12 hour fast, 12 hour feed) – this is just a fancy way to say I eat my last meal around 9:30 PM, and don’t eat my first meal of the day until 9:30 AM.  During that time, I eat every 4 hours – plus I have a protein shake after my workout – so 4 meals and a shake. I have done Intermittent Fasting in the past (16 hour fast, 8 hour feed – go to Lean Gains to check it out – or ask e if you want some more info!) and it worked really well for me, unfortunately I can’t really gain or maintain my weight that way, but it is a great tool when I want to lose some fat while maintaining muscle mass.

This is one of my FAVORITE proteins - Corperformance 'Cor-fetti Cake Batter' - so good!

 I do meal prep for the week every weekend – it makes my life so much easier during the week so I can just grab my meals and go – I plan on doing an entire post dedicated to meal prep to give you some tips and show you how I cook some of my foods in bulk, and just to give you a better look at what I eat on a regular basis.


#tupperwarelife

That’s really all I have for today – If you have any questions about Macro-based dieting, or anything at all, feel free to contact me.  I have a lot of topics I want to cover, but if there is anything you want to hear more about let me know!

And one more Lily picture, because she is the ultimate foodie!  Don't worry, she's 21 ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment