Tuesday, February 3, 2015

#TransformationTuesday - My Transformation

My transformation has brought me from a life of too much partying and a lot of unhealthy habits, to a strong, healthy, motivated, and determined person – fitness taught me how to grow up and grow out of some of the bad choices I was making, and focus on goals that would improve the quality of my life.
Same person, new priorities
My new version of 'happy hour'
I started working out as a way of overcoming a rough point in my life – the gym gave me structure and balance that I desperately needed.  I was spending my free time exercising instead of partying, and every aspect of my life began to improve greatly.  After I had been in the gym for a few months, I decided I wanted to try out a Figure competition.  I got on stage for my first time in May of 2010 – the picture on the left below is from that show.
2010 - 2011 - 2013
The picture in the center is from my first NPC Figure Competition and marked the point in my life when I finally decided I needed some help with all of this – I needed a trainer.  Up until this point, I had been training myself – which for some people may not be a difficult thing but for me (and a lot of other people) it was just too much – even trainers need a trainer!  I cannot even begin to tell you what a huge difference having a trainer made in my life – Kimmy taught me more than I can ever thank her for and offered motivation and accountability – and she helped me reach my goal of competing on stage at the Arnold!  Not only that, but I gained a best friend out of the deal – can’t beat that!

When I was training myself, I was overtraining and undereating – maybe not to an extreme, but it wasn’t good.  I had a very unhealthy relationship with food and the gym and Kimmy helped me overcome that.  After training with her I learned not to be afraid of food and not to be afraid of rest – it was only after learning these things that I was finally able to reach my full potential as a bodybuilder.
2011 (undereating and overtraining) to 2013 (more food and more rest days!)
My transformation has been a 6 year process – and it is nowhere near over.  I have no real end goal, just small goals along the way – I train for life, and I train like there is no finish line – because for me, there isn’t.  There isn’t a stage or a meet or anything else in my near future – just me kicking my own ass day in and day out to constantly be a better version of myself.  Bodybuilding for me is a lifestyle – I eat, sleep, and breath it – and I truly love what I do.  It has changed my life in so many aspects, and has made me who I am today.

Fitness is my passion, and I am honored to be able to share my passion with anyone and everyone who wants to learn more about it.  If you are interested in starting (or continuing) your own transformation journey – feel free to contact me, I would absolutely love to help you reach your goals!



4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a transformation! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I really respect bodybuilders and their discipline, I'm not sure I could ever have the will power to stick to a diet 100%! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I really respect bodybuilders and their discipline, I'm not sure I could ever have the will power to stick to a diet 100%! Go you!

    ReplyDelete