Rest days are incredibly important – your body needs ample rest to recover from the workouts you put in and to help your muscles grow. BUT rest days (for some of us) are a slow, torturous death… So I give you, ways to survive rest days:
- Make it an ‘active’ rest day – take the dog for a walk, do some stretching, anything to get your blood flowing without technically ‘working out’.
- Go on an adventure – this ties into active rest, but with a little more oomph – go hiking, try white-water rafting, do something fun to keep your mind occupied.
- Take a nap – has it been a long week? Are you in need of a little more recovery than an active rest? Nap – and try not to dream about the gym.
- Clean your house – seriously – and if it is already spotless, come clean mine.
- Go see a movie, watch one at home, read a book, take up knitting…
- Look up all of the dogs needing adopted online, and drive your significant other crazy showing them all the pictures and begging to save them all.
- Write a blog post.
- Remember you get to go to the gym tomorrow – this will all be over soon! How many rest days do you take a week? Do you love them or hate them?