Monday, March 30, 2015

What I ate ... (Sunday 3-29)

I haven’t done one of these in a few weeks, so I thought I’d share my meals from yesterday (3-29).   I trained legs, so I proceeded to eat pretty much everything in sight – hey, you have to EAT to GROW!
For my first meal I had one of my favorite go-to breakfasts: egg whites, parmesan cheese, oatmeal, and peanut butter!  Nothing against whole eggs AT ALL, in fact, I eat them almost everyday, but I usually stick to just the whites when I’m putting peanut butter in my oatmeal to even out the fat a little :-)
Recycled picture, but you get the idea...
After breakfast I had some time to kill before I hit the gym, so I did my usual Sunday Meal Prep..
I also tried a new way to season my crockpot chicken – with Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning!  I was actually out of the Italian Dressing seasoning I usually use and really didn’t want to go back to Kroger, so I improvised and it turned out great, I’ll definitely be doing this more often!

 After my breakfast digested a little, and my meal prep for the week was done – I headed to the gym for leg day!  Easily my favorite day of the week…

After my lift I had some Hot Fudge Sundae Pop Tarts (amazing) and a serving of whey protein – like I’ve mentioned before, I always follow a leg workout with Pop Tarts, they are my (not so) secret weapon!
I actually did eat both Pop Tarts - one obviously didn't make the picture because it was already being devoured...
I went home after the gym and did some cleaning/hanging out with this little diva while John was at work.. On a side note – Lily just weighed in at 75 pounds on Saturday – she has put on 6 pounds in roughly 2 months – looks like I found a new client…
Who's fat? Me? I'm not fat!
I tried a new-to-me Bertolli frozen dinner a couple hours after the gym, we like to have these occasionally for taste and convenience – the only problem is, they really don’t make enough to feed both of us.  I ate the whole thing!  Meals for 2? 2 what? Babies???  It was absolutely delicious though :-)

To finish out my day I had a PBJ and 2 servings of whey protein – simple and delicious.  Sometimes there is really nothing better than a classic PBJ!  I ate this while I watched the Season Finale of Walking Dead – OMG – does anyone else watch?!  I need to talk to people about it!! I am not going to make it until the next season starts!
It may not look all that pretty, but it definitely hit the spot!
**Linking up with the QUEEN of WIAW posts today (for my first time) - thanks Jenn for hosting!!**


No comments:

Post a Comment